Screw up day numero uno....

Posted by flabbyfab , Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:07 PM

Hey there everyone! I am quite upset with myself....

My job brought us in food today. BBQ, coleslaw, beans, chip and dip...ya know...all that good, greasy stuff that's just hard for a southern girl to resist. I sat there at my desk watching everyone pass with their plates and I tried...oh how I tried to ignore that fragrant, mouth watering aroma coming down the stairs. I finally gave in and got a plate. :(

BUT IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! Right? Yes...right. Haha that just means extra time in the gym tonight. (I so slept through my alarm this morning.... :/ ) I'm looking at the fact that I'm beating myself up as good though because that means this time I care. So yay for the small victories!

My mama is coming down this weekend to enjoy downtown before I head back home. She is one of those people who just never eats out so she has already let me know that shes excited about all the different restaurants around here. I don't look forward to how tough that's gonna be. BUT it'll be good times. I'll be sure to post lots of pics!

So as far as working out, I've been doing about 30 min on an elliptical, 10 on the treadmill (really want this number to climb), and then climbing 7 flights of stairs home. I know it'll become easier over time and I'll be able to bump up my times. Looking forward to that :)

By the way, to all my new readers, hello and thanks for joining me on my journey! Feel free to leave a comment with your info and I'll be happy to be an extra support system for you.

FINALLY! It allowed my pic to upload! This is from Saturday the 20th. My starting weight. I'm really trying only to allow myself to weigh once a week. I think, for myself anyways, it'll be better mentally and better motivation not to be obsessing over the scale. I have lost 13 pounds since the last time I weighed...so this was definitely a pleasant surprise. My initial goal is 150. I'd like to be at 195 by the 23rd of next month. My pal and I are hitting Dallas to see Maroon 5 and Train (YAY) so it'd be nice to be making headway by then.




Until next time....


keep on rockin in the free world

1 Response to "Screw up day numero uno...."

ash Says:

It happens. I remember one of the hardest times for me is when I had a work function at italian gardens...you KNOW how amazing that bread is. So I sat there with my stupid salad as everyone else ate deliciousness. Needless to say I feel your pain. The important thing is you are motivated and you're going to succeed. 1 month until we become official workout buddies. woo!

Post a Comment